Assistant Manager – Diesel Engineering
Reporting to the Branch Manager you will act as 2IC and support for the Branch Manager in the following areas of responsibility:
- Manage and monitor staff to ensure all activities are completed to the correct standard.
- Monitor workshop activities to ensure that jobs are completed on time and according to quality standards.
- Train staff on equipment, processes and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Ensure customer needs are fulfilled and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Take responsibility for resolving issues with customers.
- Actively participate in sales & marketing activities to source new clients for the business.
- Work towards increasing profitability via cost control.
- Assist the Branch Manager to achieve objectives and financial requirements such as profitability targets.
- Assist in taking responsibility for all aspects of the management of the branch such as facilities, security, workshop and equipment.
- Check quality of all equipment.
- Cashing up and banking.
- Ensure stock takes are completed and stock levels meet customer needs.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 tertiary school qualification
- Technical qualification related to motor engineering
- At least 5 years related experience in a middle to senior level position within motor engineering environment.
- Proven ability to manage and supervise staff.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with all levels of people.
- Action focused and committed.
- High level of integrity and trust.
- Time management essential.
- Ability to build customer relationships as well as sell & market to new customers.
- Strong planning and preparation skills
Only candidates with suitable technical qualifications (diesel mechanic) and previous experience in working with the following engines will be considered:
Closing date and application instructions
Qualified candidates can apply by emailing copy of CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not apply if you do not have the required technical experience.
Closing date 26 October 2019
Publication end date