Assistant Mine Surveyor
- BSc (Hons) relevant Survey degree
- 4 years post qualification experience
- Valid Botswana driver’s license
- Recommends working cost saving initiatives into budgets within approved parameters.
- Drafts the drilling pattern as per parameters provided by the mining engineer.
- Conducts audits of drill patterns to determine compliance to design and recommends corrective action.
- Set out drill pattern as per drilling plan for drilling to commence.
- Carries out calibration measurements of drilling equipment to ensure drilling accuracy
- Reconciles actual blast evaluation parameters (tons and carats) with the designed parameters and recommends corrective action to the tactical planner if deviations are identified.
- Sets out mining limits to guide mining to comply to design and recommend loading patterns to Mining Engineer for consideration.
- Establish and install grade control tools for compliance on loading to required elevation.
- Carries out calibration of drilling and loading equipment to ensure drilling accuracy and loading to correct grade.
- Carry out survey measurements for the purpose of analysing movements of original ground, pit slope walls and structural deformation behavior.
- Ensures availability of structural and pit slope stability monitoring systems.
- Acquires and analyses spatial data from the system for integrity, movements of original ground, pit slope walls and structural deformation behavior and informs the relevant stakeholder.
- Measures pit and stockpiles, and updates plans accordingly. Calculates pit and stockpile volumes using the appropriate methodology to inform the ore accounting process.
- Provides demarcations on stockpiles and recommends tipping and loading plan to relevant Mining Engineer and Geologist.
- Manages spatial data in terms of data capture and updating of existing spatial datasets as per legal requirement
- Analyses, interprets and validates spatial data from different sources to create and maintain the geographical model to be used as a basis for all present and future locations of the mine services and structures
- Implements and ensures compliance to best practice survey standards in data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Implements quality control and assurance systems for all suppliers and contractors providing survey service.
- Conducts audits of the pit to determine compliance to design and advise on deviation to relevant stakeholder
- Undertakes survey technical investigations and research studies aimed at improving the survey service delivery
- Identifies and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements
- Updates and maintains legal plans as per statutory requirements
- Initiates, monitors and controls short term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results
- Implements the Safety, Health and Environmental programme in area of responsibility
- Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary
- Implements the departmental talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of manpower (capacity building) through developing and implementing career, localisation/succession, training and development plans
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Financial Effectiveness
- Drilling and Blasting Control Information
- Loading and Hauling Control Information
- Deformation Monitoring
- Weekly Pit and Production & Intra-Plant Stockpile Measurements
- Spatial Information Management
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Corporate Governance
- Projects and Technical Investigations
- Subordinate Effectiveness
- Safety, Heath & Environment
- Talent Management
- Knowledge Management
- Client Relationships
Closing date and application instructions
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply, enclosing a current Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates.
Please indicate the reference number of the position in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Send applications to e-mail:
Closing date: 16 February 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.
Publication end date