Central Review Team Leader
Overview of role
- To support the Head of Fin Crime to ensure that the BBB business operate in accordance with Africa and Botswana AML, Sanctions and AB&C policies and procedures, Principal Risks and local regulatory requirements.
- To ensure all accounts opened are compliant with requirements of the FIA Act and Regulations
- Implement Financial Crime processes and Methodologies as prescribed in the Company's Africa Policies
- To deliver performance excellence through working as part of a Financial Crime Business partner (delivering New To Bank Quality Assurance, On-Going Reviews, Screening, Transactions Monitoring and Exits) .
- To support in quality assurance of KYC documents and assist with identification of non-KYC complaints documents and remediate as per KYC Policy.
- To support the Identification and Verification of customers/clients and associated parties risk rating based on a documented methodology and conducting risk based CDD and EDD, vetting on client on –boarded , being reviewed and requisite record keeping.
- To support in periodic reviews and screening as well as to assist with identification of KYC non- compliant documents and remediate as per KYC Policy.
- To support the development of compliant, flexible and robust systems, procedures and controls to deliver to the business anti-money laundering objectives and improve the business performance in these areas.
- To support the development and implementation of a proactive strategy to combat money laundering, sanctions breaking and other financial crime.
- To lead the review and monitoring of suspicious transactions in accordance with the requirements of the Company's Africa framework and local standards.
- To deliver performance excellence through working as part of a team.
Operational Support and Coordination (40%)
- Support the Head – Fin Crime in driving the implementation of Risk Based Approach (RBA) throughout the business.
- Provide comprehensive training and guidance to business/colleagues on NTB processes and procedures and Screening .
- Develop action plans and follow up on the implementation of action plans to resolve all issues identified in audits/conformance and monitor completion of remedial activities, and inform the Head - Fin Crime on the progress.
- Achieve KYC monthly/Fin Crime sampling, screening and monitoring excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Screening all NTB customers, staff and associated parties data against PEP list as stipulated.
- To instil AML policy in ensuring that the BBB Business operate in accordance with Africa and Botswana AML policies and procedures,Principal Risks and local regulatory requirements
- Evaluate and challenge information received from the business with the objective of achieving continuous improvement on Financial Crime concerns.
- Obtain annual coverage plans on KYC, AML, Reviews, Screening and Sanctions and monitor status on a continuous basis and report any deviations to Head - Fin Crime.
- Follow up with business on all issues raised during reviews and monitoring to closure.
- Updating of procedure, processes and controls in line with Financial Crime local standards.
- Carry out analytical reviews of AML reports and perform trend analysis of suspicious transactions.
- Ensure that suspicious activity reports are produced and escalated in accordance with the CIPP.
- Guide the business in understanding the RBA to AML compliance and assist them in compiling appropriate customer profiles.
- Maintain logs, distribution logs, and version control of AML policy, procedure and related documents (electronic and manual).
- Develop action plans based on findings in suspicious transaction reviews and monitor execution of such plans.
- Perform bi-annual reviews of suspicious transaction limits set across each of the business type.
- Establish and maintain a proper electronic filing system for SARs raised and reported.
- Provide appropriate information to the Head - Fin Crime by collating appropriate, accurate and reliable MI to effectively manage compliance risks on AML reviews.
- Evaluate and challenge information received from the business with the objective of achieving continuous improvement in AML compliance.
- Follow up on the implementation of action plans to resolve all issues identified in audits/conformance of AML and monitor completion of remedial activities, and inform the Head - Fin Crime on the progress.
- Maintain a central log of all dispensations for Botswana including tracking of and notification to the Head - Fin Crime of the expiry dates of dispensations to ensure the timeous renewal and re-negotiation of existing dispensations.
- Exits – A uniform, consistent and streamlined approach to terminate customer/client relationships for financial crime reasons.
Reporting and Training (10%)
- Report and escalate all Fin Crime issues arising from the Botswana business promptly (within 24 hrs) and appropriately in accordance with the African and local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Report any deviations from the annual coverage plan to the Head - Fin Crime within 24hrs.
- Respond promptly to information requests from the Head - Fin Crime and the Africa sector.
- Provide appropriate information to the Head - Fin Crime on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by collating appropriate, accurate and reliable MI to effectively manage compliance risks (As per timelines).
- Maintain logs of AML breaches and fines and SAR raised and reported.
- Keep the Head - Fin Crime informed on financial crime concerns which may pose financial or reputational risks for the business.
Stakeholder Management (20%)
- Support the Head - Fin Crime by ensuring the effective coordination of information on a continuous basis.
- Establish close working relationship with Head - Fin Crime to ensure support for the Compliance framework.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and Branch Managers to obtain necessary information on NTB processes, Alerts Monitoring, reviews and screening processes to facilitate closure of all issues raised within stipulated turnaround times.
- Help facilitate effective and constructive sharing of knowledge and experience of AML issues across Africa.
- Discuss current issues with Head - Fin Crime and escalate or resolve these issues where possible.
Team Leaderships & People Management (30%)
- Develop a highly motivated team and maintain excellent relationships with team to ensure achievement of business goals.
- Set challenging and stretching objectives.
- Ensure effective performance management, development and succession planning for the team.
- Inspire and drive high performance in individuals and in the team.
- Act as a role model.
- Drive proactive application of the company's Behaviours throughout the team including establishment of common goals and objectives.
- Sign off action plans for development of top talent and low/moderate performers in the team.
- Ensure that resources are sufficient and manage resources in the most cost effective manner to deliver across the business area.
Education and Experience,Competencies
- At least a relevant Bachelor’s degree
- At least four years compliance/Fin crime experience in a financial services environment.
- Experience in policy setting and roll out.
- Technical Knowledge – basic understanding of the in country law, rules and regulations
Knowledge & Skills
- Specialist knowledge of the Company's Africa AML/KYC/Sanctions/Pep’s Policies and Procedures.
- Good knowledge of FSA requirements and expectations, JMLSG, BOE, FATF, applicable US requirements e.g. OFAC
- Sound knowledge of local AML Policies and other compliance requirements.
- Understanding of Barclay’s policies and governance process.
- Broad understanding of technology used in on-boarding/consumer banking and ongoing monitoring and review.
- Sound understanding of technical systems e.g. FOS, eBox, Sybrin, KAMLs, 1.3, BOC, Fortent, Vision Plus, Teradata & Laser.
- Able to challenge how business is done and take a lead role in driving behaviour change
- Project management and project coordination skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk management skills, methodology and processes
- Proficiency in writing instruction/procedure manuals and training materials
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications with a high exposure to spreadsheet analysis.
- Flexibility, Planning and organizing
- Quality orientated
- Specialist knowledge and skills
- Problem solving and analysis
- Oral communication Resilience
- Commercial awareness
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Action Orientation and being Results focused
- Flexibility, Resilience
- Self confidence
Closing date and application instructions
To apply click the link below;
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Compliance / Risk
- Safety/ Security
inJwaneng, Mahalapye, Palapye, Letlhakane, Maun, Kasane, Francistown