CONTROL OFFICER (ECO) - 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
As an ECO your primary responsibility will be to monitor and report on compliance against the approved environmental management plan and the environmental authorisation.
The individual will act as an independent quality controller and monitoring agent for all environmental aspects relating to the environmental impacts. In addition this, the individual will be required to conduct periodic site inspections, attend site meetings, pre-empt problems and suggest mitigation and be available to provide advice on issues that may arise.
The ECO will be required to conduct compliance audits and verify the monitoring reports submitted by the Environmental Manager.
- Good working knowledge of all relevant environmental policies, legislation, guidelines and standards;
- The ability to conduct inspections and audits and to produce thorough, readable and informative reports;
- The ability to manage public communication and complaints;
- The ability to think holistically about the structure, functioning and performance of environmental systems;
- Proven competence in the application of the following integrated environmental management tools; and
- The candidate must be willing to live and work in a remote environment.
Knowledge and Education
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma with a specialisation in environment management.
- Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Environmental management plans/programmes.
- Environmental auditing.
- Mitigation and optimisation of impacts.
- Monitoring and evaluation of impacts.
- Environmental Management Systems.
- 3-5 years’ experience in environmental management.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an ECO.
- Construction experience essential. An all-inclusive remuneration package will be on offer.
Closing date and application instructions
Applicants need to be prepared to undergo a complete psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their CVs. The closing date for applications is 25 February 2017. Applicants are requested to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- High School Certificate (IGCSE / BGCSE/AS/ A Level Etc)
- Construction / installation / property