Reporting to the Accounts Supervisor
The creditor’s clerk will be responsible for carrying out accounting and administrative duties such as the processing and payment of vendors’s invoices, reconciliation of statements, following up on unpaid vendors and obtaining statements and invoices.
- Ensure invoices are matched against requisitions/purchase orders with reference to quantities, quality, description and price
- Ensure requisitions, purchase orders and invoices are properly authorised and are in accordance with the appropriate levels of authority
- Ensure invoices related to contracts agree to the contract
- Ensure the correct GL account and vendor account is utilised when processing invoices in Accounts Payable Module
- Ensures that the correct VAT is applied to invoices
- Ensure AP batches are posted
- Preparation and submission of creditors reconciliations (ensure invoices follow sequence)
- Timeous payments of invoices, ensuring discount claimed where applicable
- Timeous follow up on all AP queries
- Forward remittance advices to suppliers after completion of payment run.
Education, Skills & Requirements
- Form 5 + AAT or equivalent
- Any accounting system experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive, organised and able to multitask and work well under pressure
- Participative and able to work as part of the team
Closing date and application instructions
Applications may be sent to email@example.com Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Closing Date: Friday 27th March 2020
Publication end date