Data Services Helpdesk Technician
Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position:
Reporting to the Data Services Helpdesk Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing telephonic and technical support on mobile data services and first level technical support for B2C and B2B broadband solutions. The candidate will also be responsible for performing diagnostic testing, troubleshooting and configuration of all hardware and software, PC’s, cell phones, network component and related peripherals.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide telephonic support for all the common end user Internet-aware applications as experienced by customers.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosis of in warranty hardware and software related problems on PC’s and mobile handsets.
- Test and evaluate computer hardware, software and/or systems (networks).
- Provide second level support to all front liners.
- Provide quality diagnosis of faults and speedy resolution at customer sites.
- Provide value added services related internet services to clients.
- Daily reporting to the Data Services Helpdesk Lead.
- Meet the required departmental targets and objectives.
- Prepare reports on Data Services faults and resolution.
- Achieve optimal turnaround time on fault resolution.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer Literate
- Driver’s license
- Fluent in English & Setswana.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Conflict and Problem solving skills.
- Time management skills.
- Network Management & LAN Administration
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Business Orientated
- Customer Orientated.
- Organisational Skills
- Proficient in operating Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Linux Operation system and Apple products is an added advantage.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Information Technology or any computer related fields.
- 1 year experience in a telecommunications environment or Internet Service Provider.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 11th December 2020
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Automation / IT / Internet