Deputy Executive Director
The Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF) is a Joint Project between the Ministry of Employment Labour & Skills Development and the Construction Industry of Botswana. It operates from an established Training Institution situated in Gaborone, Botswana. Our aim is to provide the Construction Industry with locally trained, competent manpower in order to maximise use and engagement of Botswana Citizens on all construction projects.
We require mature, energetic, self motivated, innovative citizen of Botswana for the above post.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership in driving effective CBMT Programme Coordination, Research and Development Co-ordination, Program Facilitation and Programme Assessment, in alignment with the mandate and strategy of CBMT, in a number of areas including Civil Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering and Business Skills training as well as allied industries. The position also oversees the delivery of special training initiatives including Mobile Training and on job training.
Qualification / Experience
- Degree in Engineering plus Vocational and Technical education
- Master’s Degree in Vocational and Technical education, Educational Management / Human Capital Development, Business Administration or related fields will be an added advantage
- Membership of a professional and internationally recognised institute will be an added advantage
- Minimum of ten (10) years in a training institution post qualification experience with five (5) years at Director or Executive Management level locally, regionally or internationally.
- Accredited and Registered as Trainer with Botswana Qualification Authority (BQA)
Policy & Strategy
Ensure the development of policies and strategies that leverage CBMT to improve skills training on site and off site in alignment with the CITF mandate
- Drive the execution of a CBMT based rapid skills development strategy in accordance with the CITF strategy
- Responsible for the development of policies and strategies that improve student administration and support services
- Lead in the development of policies and procedures that drive cost effective and efficient delivery of shared CITF support services in line with the CITF’s strategy
- Report periodically to the Executive Director on the performance of the CITF against set objectives as per the shareholder compact
- Fulfil semi-skilled expectations, challenging curriculum, quality of facilitation and rendering support for all trainees in alignment with the culture of the CITF
- Promote equality and diversity in every aspect of the CITF’s life, ensuring the needs of each trainee are met
- Develop strategies and systems for the management of effective training and facilitation through CBMT
- Conducts quarterly review of training workshops
Programme Coordination, Research & Development
- Manage programme delivery according to set training schedules and the CITF standards of CBMT training and assessment
- Conduct research into best practices and trends in the CBMT and rapid skills development space regionally and internationally
- Use research findings pertaining to trends in CBMT and rapid skills development space regionally and internationally to strengthen programme development and delivery
- Manage quality assurance of the CITF facilitators, programmes and assessment processes with the assistance of external and qualified partners
- Approve recommendations from headed departments related to the CITF programmes
- Adherence to regulatory standards
Demonstrate OSH applications and social responsibility requirements.
- Lead on community engagement, partnerships and strategies and acts as first point of contact for industry partners, schools, allies of CITF and other community partnerships.
- Build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Support Executive Director in ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, preparation for statutory inspections and related reports including self assessment and Quality Improvement Plans.
- Promote Stakeholder Engagement
Finance and Resource Management
- Budget for operational and capital expenses of Competency Based Individualised Modular Training (CBIMT).
- Manage the financial resources allocated to Training Department with integrity, ensuring resources are efficiently and effectively utilized to achieve value for money.
- Organise and manage all resources including staff, to ensure the provision of a safe learning environment is promoted and enforced.
- Manage CITF’s human resources efficiently and effectively to achieve the CITF; skills development, vision, goals and priorities.
- Organize training and development of staff
- Develop staff and trainee character and productive work habits
- Visioning and strategic direction
- Decision making
- Influence and impact
- Networking and relationship management
- Developing and empowering others
- Change management
- Financial awareness
- Team leadership
Remuneration Package: CITF offers a competitive remuneration package.
Closing date and application instructions
Only applicants who meet the above should apply to the:
Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF)
Private Bag BO 122
Bontleng, Gaborone OR
Closing date for applications is 19th February 2020
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Education / training
- Human Resources
- Business services