Electrical Engineer - Ampcontrol Botswana
Ampcontrol Botswana operating a limited duration contract with Majwe Mining at Debswana Jwaneng Mine has the following current and future vacancies. Only candidates with an appetite to work in a very demanding environment where services are being rendered 24/7 should consider to apply.
Electrical Engineer (REF: AMP012)
The position has the following task specifications:
Responsible for all Electrical Engineering & planning activities associated with the Electrical maintenance & Field Support for an open pit mining operation. The Electrical Engineer will be required to ensure that all electrical equipment within the project scope is in line with client’s specifications & applicable IEC standards. Key focus will be to ensure that all protection systems are fully operational, and maintenance on capital equipment (Power Transformer, MV Breakers, etc) is performed.
Prerequisites for employment
- BEng in Electrical Engineering (Power Engineering).
- Firm knowledge of IEC standards and mining industry specifications and relevant legislation.
- Proficient in Etap or Power Tools Electrical design software packages.
- Excellent command of MS Office suite
- 5 - 8 years’ experience as Electrical Engineer in Mining or Power sector.
- EPCM experience preferential.
- Registered as PR Electrical Engineer in Botswana
- A valid Class B drivers’ license.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications including a detailed CV; certified copies of certificates and references to: The Human Resources Department – Ampcontrol e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or to Private Bag 0018, Jwaneng.
Closing date: 23th July 2015
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree