Finance Manager- IRC163551
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring financial reporting and monitoring in order to guide performance of the Business Segment
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy - participates in the setting of the FNBB finance strategy and objectives.
- Profitability – Implements controls and identifies and escalates potential risks which may lead to increased costs
- Budgets - consolidates final budget and monitors performance of Segment to track whether financial targets are being met.
1.Monitors expenditure against budget and reports any variances
2.Compiles the annual Finance budget and revised estimates using inputs CFO and business Units / Segments
- Reporting - drives the implementation and standardisation of management information reporting at FNBB.
- Ensures preparation of financial performance reports in the set format at set intervals for identified stakeholders
- Analyses the reports on profitability and provides commentary and information to support decision making
- Manages, reviews and prepares monthly commentaries on FNBB results, including investigation into inconsistent items and / or major variances and presents to Segment Heads and Exco.
- Projects - provides financial data for project planning in the Segment
- Governance & Risk - ensures that risk assessments are carried out through detailed analysis and effective remedies are implemented and measured
- Ensures compliance with all policies, regulations and laws
- Participates in the identification of gaps between current accounting policies and procedures
- Continuously reviews accounting packs to ensure consistent accounting treatment in line with GAAP
- Implements, benchmarks and improves all business processes in the designated area of responsibility (e.g. Costing model, G/L returns, etc).
- Client Satisfaction - Prepares financial performance reports and ensures that the team and other stakeholders receive the information on time to enable timeous decision making
- Ensures that financial reports are prepared in a format that enables easy understanding by users
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent plus full membership of an internationally recognised institute of professional accountants (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA) plus at least 5 years of accounting/auditing experience at supervisory level in banking or other related financial institutions, or in an external audit environment.
- Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Basic knowledge of International Banking Supervision requirements (BASEL II).
- Sound computer skills; particularly in Microsoft Excel, Power Point etc
Proven competencies and skills
- Good knowledge of financial statements analysis
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential in dealings with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work under pressure
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are requested to go on 20th February 2019. and upload their curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) no later than
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree