G4S (Botswana) Limited invites suitable candidates for the above mentioned position tenable in Gaborone.
Reporting to the Finance Director
Responsible for the monthly overall management of the accounting and reporting functions of the business.
Key Performance Areas
- Completion of monthly group reporting as well as annual statutory reporting
- Collect information from relevant internal sources and compile professional, accurate management reports monthly
- Benchmark costs and conduct variance analysis
- Prepare complete trade review packs for detailed analysis and review
- Report on and prepare financial General Ledger monthly reports and Management accounts
- Follow up and query all discrepancies
- Verification the accuracy and correctness of the systems to provide accurate financial information
- Verify actual results for variances to previous reporting periods, or to identify inaccuracies
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and the G4S Group Finance Manual
- Ongoing review and management of cash flow
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations.
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of annual budgets, monthly, and quarterly forecasts
- Compare budgeted/forecasted results to actual or expected results in order to bridge actual vs expected results.
- Undertake detailed analysis of results and financial position, to accurately formulate forecasts and financial reports
- Coordinate with stakeholders and regional finance teams to collate required information to prepare financial forecasts.
- Review reporting standards and implement improvement action plans as needed to address deficiencies
- Liaison with internal and external auditors
- Management of the external and internal audit process.
- Management of company tax affairs
- Responsible for the calculation / oversight and filing of all regulatory tax submissions (VAT, income tax etc)
- Development, implementation and monitoring of financial controls
- Assess existing financial controls, and determine areas for improvement and change
- Manage change process, and implement improved financial controls within the department
- Provide ongoing training on correct financial control procedures
- Review on an ongoing basis and identify areas of continued/repeated deficiency
- Update, refine and maintain financial controls policy in line with Group Guidelines, and best practice standards
- Develop and formulate financial procedures to maintain proper financial controls.
- Staff management and development
- All team members have clearly defined job profiles aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply poor performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train) and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Ensure completed development plans for each employee
- Allocation resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in team are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant Accounting Degree CIMA/BICA
- 7+ Years management accounting experience coupled with staff management would be deemed suitable for the level of the position.
- SAGE Evolution / SAP BPC experience is highly beneficial.
- Advanced computer Literacy on all MS Office Packages. Expert level Excel required.
- Sound report writing skills.
- Knowledge of Financial principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial controls and audit standards.
- MS Office Computer skills (Expert Excel)
- Analytical skills
- Working with complexity
- Planning and Coordination
- Managing conflict
- Delivering strategy
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally
- Awareness of the market environment
- Acting professionally
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Cooperating
Closing date and application instructions
G4S offers a competitive market related salary. We are committed to employing “Africans for Africa” which would give preference to local candidates. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. To apply please email your updated CV and covering letter, with at least three (3) referees, certified copy of qualifications and certified copies of national identity card or driver’s license to email@example.com stating the position in the subject box. Or hand delivered to G4S offices at the indicated locations.
Applications must be addressed to;
The Human Resources Director
G4S (Botswana) Limited
P.O Box 1488
Closing date 18 January 2021
References must have contact numbers of referees (6 months- 1-year-old references are preferred) All applications should reach the Human Resources Office not later than the 18th January 2021.
NB: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks from the closing date above, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Professional Qualification
- Safety/ Security