Fixed Assets Accountant-Lead
Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, the successful candidate will be accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. In addition the accountant is to keep IFRS complaint fixed asset register and be primarily response for the related audit.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Check for completeness and accuracy of fixed assets sub ledger and month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, journal entries and adjustments.
- Perform accounting activities as per established accounting standards and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, processes and procedures.
- Up-skilling, coaching and mentoring of fixed assets team.
- Close monitoring on Work In Progress Project files and capitalisation process.
- Generate monthly depreciation postings and annual account reports to management.
- Collaborate with team members to monitor asset disposals and movements.
- Maintain fixed asset Register for accounting, processing and reporting of the assets.
- Review, analyse and approve invoices obtained from Accounts Officer - Fixed Asset.
- Organize and maintain fixed asset documentations for references.
- Monitor and report monthly capital expenditure to Managers.
- Coordinate inputs from various internal stakeholders.
- Assist in financial audit and tax filing activities.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
- Superior software skills, especially in MS Excel, access, and word.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, AAT
- A minimum of 3 year experience in Accounting and Finance
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 21st February 2020
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree