General Manager Asset Management and Care
Main Purpose of The Position
•To plan, organize, direct, control, coordinate and manage power infrastructure asset (generation, transmission and distribution) care and maintenance throughout the Corporation with the objective to maximise power system availability, reliability and ensure safe operation of the assets in a cost-effective manner.
•Provide an asset management framework, systems, processes at high level and decision making in optimising the full lifespan of the Corporation’s assets.
•Collaborate and coordinate with national departments responsible for operations of the system (generation, transmission and distribution) regarding Corporation asset management decisions and strategies.
•Develop strategies, policies and procedures guiding the management, operation, maintenance, and disposal of Corporation’s assets.
- A degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant Engineering degree from a recognised university.
- A Masters in Asset Management, or Business Administration (MBA) and or any other related Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional membership from a reputable institution. Registration with Botswana Engineers Registration Board
- At least ten years post qualification experience, five of which should have been at senior level, in the management of industrial physical assets.
- Experience in the implementation of ISO 55001 standards will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Electrical Power operational rules and regulations will be an added advantage.
Closing date and application instructions
Applications should be addressed to:
General Manager Human Resources
Botswana Power Corporation
P O Box 48
NB: All applications should be submitted via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should Indicate the position applied for on the cover letter and email subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
16th October 2021
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Utility industry