Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek assertive, result oriented individual with the ability to work in a high paced environment and managing shifting priorities to fill in the Grants Officer position.
The Grants Officer position exists to provide an excellent stewardship of grants by managing financial resources as well as coordination of the administrative and financial aspects of grants, awards, cooperative and collaborative agreements through a comprehensive review of budgets, variance reporting and tracking.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops, implements systems, and monitor procedures to ensure proper stewardship of funds on pre-awards, award, post-awards, and close-out.
- Facilitate key budget actions (preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual grant reports, preparation of budget shifts/redirections and amendments, preparation of no cost extension/carry forward applications)
- preparation of the consolidated quarterly grant report
- Maintains an accurate financial record for each award or program
- Updating disbursement tracking charts on a grant basis
- Subcontracts/Agreement management through ensuring compliance with all donor financial and reporting requirements
- Documents financial management and budget procedures, regular review and update Grant Management Standard Operating Procedures and relevant documents governing awards as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with BHP grant administration policies
- Assisting with special purpose grant audits and systems reviews
- grant preparation (assisting with the budget development and submission process)
Qualifications & Experience:
- AAT/Accounting/Finance degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 year in an accounting field is a requirement. The candidate must have prior experience in Financial Management and accounting or related field. A Grant Management experience would be an added advantage.
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Sound interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
- Strong skills in written and oral communications, Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office
Closing date and application instructions
Qualifying candidates should forward their application letters and detailed CVs to:
Human Resource Manager
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
email to : email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Non profit