Head of Business Development
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Business Development will be a Commercial Manager responsible for driving business growth and strategic expansion of the organisation by continuously looking for business opportunities and access to potential markets. The incumbent will oversee sales and marketing activities as well as the development and implementation of new products and service lines. In addition, the incumbent will lead business transformation, operational improvement and efficiency creation activities aimed at revenue maximisation and profitability improvement.
• Achieve growth and revenue goals by developing and implementing sound business development and transformation strategies
• Draft and present business cases for identified opportunities, indicating strategic value, customer benefits as well as associated costs and risks
• Dissect and analyses business operations, evaluating areas of operational improvement and efficiency creation
• Monitor present and future trends, practices and systems to ensure that products and services are competitive in the market place
• Prepare reports in line with the business growth objectives of the organisation and make recommendations of improvements to be implemented at operational and organisation level
• Oversee the Marketing, PR, Communications and CSR activities
• Oversee development of new products or enhancement of existing ones in order to meet customer needs
• Ensure appropriate pricing of products and services across all business units, making recommendations for adjustments where necessary.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related fields
• A Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Leadership, Strategic Management or any related field is required
• A minimum of eight (8) years of work experience, three (3) of which must have been at managerial level
• Experience in a business development related field will be an added advantage
• The incumbent should be a strategic, innovative thinker with good commercial acumen.
• He/she should be customer focused with excellent communication skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills, analytical skills as well as good networking and negotiation skills.
• The Head of Business Development should be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and he/she should be advanced in Excel.
Closing date and application instructions
If you have the above capabilities, kindly submit your application and latest CV (ONLY) to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Department MRI Botswana Ltd, Private Bag BR 256, Gaborone
Or hand deliver to: The Human Resources Department MRI Botswana Ltd, Plot 60601, Block 7, Gaborone.
Closing Date 7th January 2019
Kindly note that we only respond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Business services
- Customer service
- Health / welfare