Head of Finance
To take total responsibility, leadership and ownership of the finance function at Travelwise
The Head of Finance is primarily responsible for:
- Providing support for the Managing Director and playing an active role in the management of the company.
- To provide timely and accurate financial reports, including analysis of results
- To provide early warnings on potential difficulties
- To meet the reporting and related operational requirements of BidTravel/Bidvest.
- To highlight financial and strategic risks to the Managing Director
- Payroll management
- To ensure that the finance structure is appropriate and optimal for the business
- To ensure the structure is adequately resourced with the correct people
- The development and maintenance of internal control systems and designed to safeguard the assets of the business against identified risks and ensure completeness of revenue
- Management of the financial and operational risk of the business. This includes the completion of the annual insurance declaration and the quarterly risk reports.
- Internal Audit – plan and implement the internal audit plan and ensure clean reports by addressing the issues identified.
- External Audit – plan and implement the year-end audit process, manage the relationship with the external auditors and address issues raised.
- Oversee the preparation of a full set of accounts for the company
- Put structures in place to ensure all G/L accounts and subsidiary ledgers are adequately reconciled and reviewed
- Oversee all commercial aspects of the company, including commercial models, revenue management, and cost control
- Preparation of flash reports, monthly reports, board reports and all other financial reports.
- Ensure timeous and accurate reporting to stakeholders
- Plan and execute the annual budgets
- Consolidate, review and present the budget to Exco and to BidTravel.
Working capital management
- Manage the capital expenditure budget
- Manage the debtors so that Bidvest targets are exceeded
- Manage all other aspects of cash flow
- Ensure all tax returns are correctly and timeously submitted.
- Identify and monitor all material business risks
- Implement plans to address all material business risks
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related accounting qualification
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of accounting systems
- Knowledge of business analysis
- Knowledge of general business
- Knowledge of tax
- Knowledge of risk management
- 5 years’ experience in a financial management role
- Payroll experience
- People management experience would be preferable
- Experience in the service industry
- Be able to manage people
- Be able to meet deadlines
- Be able to understand and interpret numbers
- Be able to lead
PERSONAL QUALITIES REQUIRED
- Deadline driven
- Excellent response times
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- People leadership capabilities
- Strategic thinking capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hands on management style
- Highly numerate
- Team player
Applications can be emailed to Archie Mabusela at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Travelwise offices at Dennis Todd Office Park, Fairgrounds, Gaborone.
Closing date: 15 April 2019
Purpose of this position
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Hospitality / recreation / tourism
- Project Management