Hospital Stock Controller
The Group is committed to creating places of healing for their communities, focused on attracting the best expertise and dedicated to building a steadfast, devoted team.
The hospital stock controller is a position in Pharmacy responsible for maintaining stock levels and stock control in all storage locations within the hospital. This position will directly supervise theatre stock controllers to ensure optimal stock management and billing efficiency.
Key Work Output and Accountabilities:
- Ensure that each storage location is maintained with stock levels that are determined by usage
- Maintain stock at agreed value targets (stock days)
- Eliminate slow moving and redundant stock by means of constant communication with doctors, nursing staff, pharmacy
- Conduct cyclical counts for inventory purposes
- Prepare for stock take, data capturing and finalization of stock take. Take a lead role in the quarterly stock takes
- Ensure staff training on stock control policies and procedures
- Ensure correct requirements are met in regard to replenishments
- Control of consumable cost of wards and theatres
- Allocate stock to BINS and maintain per stock location
- Possession of a relevant professional qualification and/or 3years experience in Purchasing and Inventory management.
- Excellent Excel skills
- Planning, organising and supervisory skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Stockholding optimisation effectiveness
- Excellent customer service skills
Closing date and application instructions
Send your CV to email@example.com if you think you have the qualities and skills to fill this position
Closing Date for Applications: 09th December 2019
Lenmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company's approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Lenmed actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities. In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair an individual’s ability to perform the job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Should you not receive a response within three weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Health / welfare
- Supply Chain