Reporting directly to the Executive Director, The ICT Coordinator has the overall responsibility of directing corporate strategy relating to ICT and to provide general Information Communications and Technology management services within Tebelopele. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following;
- Contributing to the formulation of strategic plans, business plans, budgets and operating plans and managing departmental performance in accordance with these plans
- Development of key performance indicators for ICT services. Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual performance monitoring reports
- Review of the ICT Department’s performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis ensuring that corrective action is taken where required
- Contributing to continuous organisational performance improvement and change management initiatives
- Take responsibility for risk management processes within the ICT Department.
- To manage the formulation of ICT management and development plans, which are aligned to the overall organisational strategy and supervising the implementation of such plans
To lead the development and implementation of ICT services policies and procedures ensuring they meet the overall organisational strategy. To develop and monitor clear performance targets at all stages within procedures and ensuring these standards are communicated to all ICT staff.
To promote and develop the understanding of ICT issues amongst the staff of Tebelopele.
To lead the development of mechanisms to protect the technological infrastructure of Tebelopele in line with, and where possible, ahead of, the threats posed.
- To monitor the use of technological services within Tebelopele and to identify any areas of under-utilisation, misuse or over-utilisation and to identify and implement any remedial actions that may be required.
- To provide to all functions within Tebelopele skills and expertise in the implementation of ICT solutions; to support such implementations in conjunction with the relevant system owners in these functions.
- To develop, maintain and improve the technological infrastructure owned and used by Tebelopele; to include local, wide and other Area Networks and all components thereof.
- To manage the provision of technological support services throughout Tebelopele; to include call centre help desk, proactive maintenance services and other services as may be required.
- Management support visit at least twice a year.
- Direct the implementation of mobile technologies especially handheld technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A BA degree in Computer science/ Information Technology
- Five years’ experience, three (3) of which should have been at managerial level
- Highly analytical with good working knowledge of computer applications e.g. (conversant with Microsoft Office applications, hardware maintenance and diagnosis, handheld technologies)
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Five years in IT with experience in the following
- Knowledge of internet-based technologies, standard office application, Apple and Linux based systems. Mobile technology.
- Knowledge and competencies of the following ODK Products: ODK Collect, ODK Build, ODK Aggregate, ODK Briefcase and /or any other survey implementation tools
- Knowledge in Linux Operating systems. E.g. Open Suse, Ubuntu
- Knowledge of wide range of programming languages such as Java, Python, C++, xml etc.
- Knowledge in MySQL database, PostgreSQL , MS Access database and/or any other databases
- Knowledge of DHIS2 (Design & Customization and Information Use)
- Basic knowledge in SPSS
Tebelopele Voluntary Counselling and Testing Centre (TVCTC) is a non-governmental organization providing HIV/AIDS and related services across the country. The organization has 18 Centres and is involved in the provision of quality HIV counselling and testing services, health screening services, linkage to care and treatment services including referrals and outreaches to marginalized areas across Botswana in collaboration with FHI 360 and the Ministry of Health and Wellness.
Tebelopele is currently seeking a vastly competent Information & Communications Technology Coordinator.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter, comprehensive CV and certified copies of certificatesto the:
Human Resources Coordinator
Tebelopele Voluntary Counselling and Testing Centre
Private Bag 112
Fax: +267 3958022 Tel: +267 3958015/4
Or hand delivered to Gaborone International Commerce Park, Plot 39,Unit 4.
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 26th April 2019 at 13:30 Hours
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Automation / IT / Internet