Laboratory Scientist-Entry Level
To perform a wide range of procedures in all discipline/sections of the medical laboratory and other tasks as may be assigned from time to time. Participate in the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems. Carry out internal quality control and external quality assurance activities
Key Work And Accountabilities
- Ensure that proper specimen receipt procedures have been adhered to and that requested tests are properly logged into the laboratory information management system
- Operate and perform daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment as per the manufacturer's instruction and recommendations
- Perform and validate internal quality control and external quality assurance procedures as required. Analyze IQC and EQA results and institute corrective action where necessary
- Perform serologic, immunologic, microbiological, biochemical, hematological, blood bank and other laboratory assays on specimens collected from patients and from proficiency testing as per standard operating procedures
- Ensure accurate analysis of specimens and timely release of results
- Prepare and revise SOPs, Job Aids and forms as may be required in documenting the Quality
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences or an equivalent from a recognized institution.
Registration with Botswana Health Professional Council.
Entry Level Position
Previous exposure to the Clinical Laboratory environment with multi-disciplinary sections.
Advanced Computer literacy
Knowledge of Quality Management System based on ISO 15189:2012
Knowledge of critical values essentials
- Medical Aid
- Pension/ Provident fund
Closing date and application instructions
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you have the qualities and skills to fill this position
Should you not receive a response within three weeks after closing date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful Closing Date 28 June 2019
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree