Lead Depot Operator
Reporting to the Deport Manager, the job is responsible for coordinating, supervising and executing daily depot operations, so that product quality is of high standards.
This job has the following 5 responsibilities:
- Operations: Coordinate and oversee the Depot operations and execute product handling duties where necessary
- Stakeholder Management: Be sufficiently assertive when dealing with difficult depot operations stakeholders
- HSEQ and Security: Ensure compliance with SAPS and all supporting safety standards and practices plus local legal requirements.
- Maintenance and Housekeeping: Ensure good housekeeping of bulk storage are and undertake preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance of Depot assets
- People Management: Monitor performance of yard staff and contractors by observing them in action against appropriate task procedures. Build a culture of operational excellence within the team by providing leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring
The right candidate will meet the following minimum requirements;
- Certificate or trade test in Electrical/Mechanical/ Plant maintenance
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the petroleum or related industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Quality product knowledge and handling
- Reasonable mechanical aptitude
Closing date and application instructions
NB: We regret that correspondence will be entered into only with successful candidates.
Remuneration Package: The Company offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience.
Interested candidates who have the above capabilities should kindly forward their applications, CV’s and certified copies of relevant certificates to: Human Resources Coordinator, Puma Energy Botswana P. O. Box 183 Gaborone.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th September 2019
Publication end date
- High School Certificate (IGCSE / BGCSE/AS/ A Level Etc)
- Petroleum / coal / quarrying / mining