Legal And Enforcement Officer
The Competition Authority is constituted in terms of section 4 of the Competition Act of 2009. The main purpose of the Authority is prevention of, and redress for anti-competitive practices in the economy. The Authority requires the services of a knowledgeable, highly skilled and self–driven citizen to apply for the following position:
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Manager, Legal and Enforcement, the job entails to provide legal services and advice to the Authority and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and the protection of the interests of the Authority. The activities encompass investigation and assessment of anticompetitive practices in the economy, implementation of policies and strategies to facilitate enforcement in accordance with the Competition Act.
Key performance areas:
- Compliance with good corporate governance and business practices.
- Quality of legal advice resulting in minimal successful challenges to the Authority’s decisions and maximisation of advocacy and enforcement activities
- Implementation of policies and strategies for the investigation, prevention, redressing and removal of anticompetitive practices
- Effective enforcement of competition law with decisive follow up, investigations and intervention against offenders of competition law, mergers and acquisitions.
- A degree in law and a Member of law society in good standing
At least 5 years’ work experience as an attorney with at least 2 years spent in a litigation environment.
A good knowledge of commercial law with a strong background in the provision of legal advice would be an added advantage
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organising
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Verbal and Written Communication
Remuneration and Terms: The above position is on permanent and pensionable terms. Competitive remuneration and terms as contained in the General Terms and Conditions of Service of the Competition Authority await the right and most suitable candidate.
Closing date and application instructions
Method of Application:
Candidates are invited to apply through the online portal by following the below link
- Only Applications submitted through the form will be considered. For technical queries, please contact Trending Talent Botswana at +267 3113996/7
- The Competition Authority will enter into correspondence only with shortlisted candidates.
Closing date: 2nd April 2019
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree