Legal Services and Governance Specialist
The Bank requires the services of knowledgeable, highly skilled and self- driven individual for the following position:
Legal Services and Governance Specialist (One Year Contract)
The job holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks. The job holder shall also support the office of the Company Secretary in the provision of corporate governance services to the Company.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Part A: Legal
- Provides general legal advice including recommending for the institution, defence or settlement of cases.
- Coordinate and manage all legal matters between the Company and other parties.
- Draft and prepare contracts and other legal documents to ensure that the interests of the Company are protected.
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance on all matters.
Part B: Governance
- Ensures that creation, development and maintenance of business governance and compliance policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Leads the identification of gaps in the design and operating effectivemeness of business controls and the design of more effective and efficient controls.
- Works with business managers to develop tools for continuous monitoring of the governance and internal control environment
- To make recommendations for governance, risk and compliance improvement by continuously benchmarking the Bank’s governance and compliance systems against similar establishments world-wide
- Prepare Departmental reports and assist in the preparation of Annual Report and ensure timely filing with the Parent Ministry or such other applicable authority.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a recognised University and admitted to practice in any court of law in the Republic of Botswana.
- A minimum of two-five years’ experience in corporate legal work, civil litigation, contract negotiations and governance
Closing date and application instructions
Submissions : Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply to
firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 14th August 2019.
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree