Manager, Accounting & Finance
The Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF) is a Joint Project between the Ministry of Employment Labour & Skills Development and the Construction Industry of Botswana. It operates from an established Training Institution situated in Gaborone, Botswana. Our aim is to provide the Construction Industry with locally trained, competent manpower in order to maximise use and engagement of Botswana Citizens on all construction projects.
We require mature, energetic, self motivated, innovative citizen of the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job
To lead in the financial accounting matters pertaining to the Fund. The role holder is responsible for, inter alia, assisting in the co-ordination of general financial accounting and treasury management.
Qualification / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- Post Graduate /Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields will be an added advantage
- Professional Membership of a recognised institute will be an added advantage (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CPA)
- Minimum of eight(8) years post qualification experience in accounting,financial reporting and managementor related fieldsof which five (5) years should have been at senior supervisory level
- Demonstrable experience using modern finance accounting packages and techniques and detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents
Key Performance Areas
Policy & Strategy
- Provide financial advice for operational issues; by applying financial principles and practices and developing recommendations
- Develop, implement and ensure adherence to financial policies and procedures.
Budgeting & Accounting
- Oversee cash management relatedto the CITF bank accounts
- Prepare and set into place processes and procedures to monitor revenue and expenditure against budgets and forecasts
- Oversee receipts and deposits of cash and bank transactions
- Managethe preparation of year-end accounts and provide information for external auditors.
- Prepare and produce annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Formulate financial decisions and advising key bodies/ individuals, such as management boards and budget holders, using financial management information;
- Control overall capital and revenue budgets for departments;
Cash Flow & Revenue Management
- Manage the payables process including processing invoices, writing cheques, setting up the CITF payments, monitoring payment terms and maintaining appropriate records.
- Produce cash flows statements and other relating financial statements
- Provide advice about investments and financial decisions for the CITF
- Lead expenditure and cash flow processes
- Manage and maintain the integrity of the accounting system by ensuring that accounting transactions are correctly posted and financial reports are produced on timely basis.
- Ensure appropriate controls are adhered to in order to manage all financial risks.
CITF offers a competitive remuneration package.
Only applicants who meet the above should apply to the:
Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF)
Private Bag BO 122
Bontleng, Gaborone OR
Closing date for applications is 7th March 2020
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Professional Qualification
- Construction / installation / property