Main Purpose of the Job
To develop compliance policies, strategies, and programmes to enforce revenue laws and promote voluntary compliance, and implement a professional, efficient and rigorous programme of tax and customs enforcement which will maximize opportunities to recover tax and customs revenues.
Key Performance Areas
1. Existence of professional processes and procedures to maximize revenue through appropriate enforcement interventions
2. Achievement of tax revenue and collection targets
3. Promotion of voluntary compliance
4. Adherence to international tax standards and conventions
5. Minimise challenges to enforcement interventions
6. Attraction, retention and development of staff
- Degree in Accounting, Taxation, Customs, Economics, Law, Security Management, Commerce, Audit or Statistics, or full membership of an internationally recognized institute of professional accountants such as ACCA, CIMA, CA, BICA or related.
- A master’s degree in the above disciplines will be an added advantage.
At least six (6) years relevant post Bachelor’s Degree experience in the accounting, audit, Tax/Customs administration profession, two (2) of which should have been at professional level or equivalent, preferably within a Revenue Service or Tax/Customs administration environment.
- Technical Expertise
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Team Leadership
- Planning & Organising
BURS offers a competitive salary and benefits such as Medical Aid, Contributory Pension Fund, Group Life Assurance Cover, 24 hour Group Personal Accident cover, Housing Subsidy and Staff Welfare Schemes (Non-Guaranteed Personal and Residential and Vehicle loans etc).
Closing date and application instructions
Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and attach comprehensive up to date curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, Omang and at least two (2) work related references from current or previous employers, at least one (1) reference should be current.
Applications which do not meet the required provisions will not be considered.
All applications should be sent via email to email@example.com
- Applicants should ensure that the position applied for is stated in the subject matter of their application email.
- Applicants applying for more than one post should ensure that they send each application separately for ease of processing.
20th October, 2021 at 1630 hours
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree