Manager, Human Resources
The Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF) is a Joint Project between the Ministry of Employment Labour & Skills Development and the Construction Industry of Botswana. It operates from an established Training Institution situated in Gaborone, Botswana. Our aim is to provide the Construction Industry with locally trained, competent manpower in order to maximise use and engagement of Botswana Citizens on all construction projects.
We require mature, energetic, self motivated, innovative citizen of the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership in the delivery of HR administration services to the Fund, either directly or through third party service providers. The role holder is responsible for, inter alia recruitment and selection, leave administration, salary and benefits administration, records management and document management services.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or other related fields
- Post Graduate/Masters Degree Human Resource Management or related field will be an added advantage
- Professional membership of a recognised institute will be an added advantage
- Minimum of eight (8 )years post qualification experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures, with five (5) years at senior supervisory level
- Ability to work at strategic levels
- Experience in human resource management preferably at senior management level
Key Performance Areas
Policy & Strategy
- Lead all compulsory redundancy processes, ensuring compliance with employment laws and policies
- Analyse trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies
Human Resources Administration
- Support the production of HR updates for all staff.
- Drive the effective delivery of a higher performing HR service, through development of the HRD team
- Establish and manage CITF’s employee benefits (including medical insurance, pension plans, individual retirement accounts, vacation time, sick time, and maternity leave
- Administer benefits scheme to ensure that the Fund’s benefits scheme rules are implemented correctly
- Undertake routine payroll audits to ensure compliance with pay and benefits structures
- Design and implement approved pay and benefits structures to ensure that the Fund’s pay and benefits structures are able to attract, reward and retain competent staff
- Coordinate and monitor industry trends through driving pertinent research on international, regional and national HR administration trends so as to provide recommendations on best practises
- Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and continue to reflect both up-to-date employment laws and best practice.
HR Monitoring & Reporting
- Report on HR projects taking place in the organisation, highlighting their progress, successes, down-falls and advice to management on identified areas of improvement.
- Initiate the generation of all administrative to ensure clear status reports and the HRD drives standards within the team.
CITF offers a competitive remuneration package.
Only applicants who meet the above should apply to the:
Construction Industry Trust CITF (CITF)
Private Bag BO 122
Bontleng, Gaborone OR
Closing date for applications is 7th March 2020
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Construction / installation / property
- Human Resources