Mobile for Development Coordinator
Reporting to the VAS and Innovation Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible Improvement Orange Botswana market position as the country’s leading digital partner in the scope of Mobile for Development and ensuring that “New Businesses” aligned with the company’s strategic ambitions.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify, secure and build key partner relationships within various sectors including Government, Start-Up Businesses, Financial Institutions, SMME’s,
- NGO’s etc. to contribute to the growth of Orange Botswana business ambitions
- Develop new business areas by leveraging on new and existing networks.
- Lead in negotiations with potential and existing partners; which includes pricing, modelling and go-to-market of services/partnerships.
- Manage relationship with existing partners ensuring growth of services already secured as well as prospect and identify for potential new partners and turn this into increased business.
- Set up meetings between partner decision makers and company’s practice leaders as well as operational teams to drive business growth.
- Engage in market research in order to identify new opportunities for business.
- Develop & Coordinate various activities linked to Corporate Social Responsibility
- (CSR) focusing on Digital and other areas around Healthcare, Education and Community Development.
- Manage the relationship and enhancement of existing partnerships.
- Work with various internal departments & colleagues to meet customer/partner needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external partner debriefs.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge about the opportunities for mobile for development industry, its development practices, its marketing activities, prospective partners, and the trends for the industry.
- Track and record activity on accounts and manage the closing of partnerships/deals to meet set targets.
- Submit progress reports and ensure achievement of set targets and objectives.
- Networking skills within different levels within organisations.
- Relationship management skills.
- Negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Research & planning skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
Qualifications and experience:
- Marketing/Business Degree.
- 5 years’ experience in business development and/or relationship management.
- Experience in Telco industry, mobile financial services, digital services is an added advantage.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 17th October 2019
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Business services