Reporting directly to the Medical Officer, the Nurse Counsellor/Midwife has the overall responsibility of providing Centre efficient and provision of clinical services at each service delivery point and at established drop-in-centres through promotion of a Youth and Men friendly focused approaches. S/he will also have the responsibility of working closely with the Team Lead in planning, organizing, leading and coordinating a HTC facility and field-based HTC team and campaigns as well as provision of clinical services including ART, PrEP initiation and monitoring.
- The Nurse Counsellor will be responsible for the day-to-day management of Tebelopele operations in the area and will provide supervision and support to the Health Care Assistant and Lay Counsellor.
Will work with the APC demand creation partners, PLHIV support groups and to provide facility based case management and adherence support services.
He/She will provide clinical services at the service delivery point
He/She will provide HTC services to the target populations
Will provide support to HIV positive target populations to undergo at least one viral load check per year.
Will implement the HIV minimum care package which includes; facility based HTC services; Routine STI screening and treatment; activate linkage to care and treatment services for AGYWs and Men above 25 years; provision of family planning services; Routine TB screening and treatment; ART and PrEP counselling, assessment and laboratory tests; ART and PrEP initiation and follow up; and Post GBV care and referral service.
The Nurse Counsellor will be thoroughly versed in the STI, ART and HTC guidelines, and will work with the Medical Officer and Programs Manager to ensure that targets and timelines are met.
Degree/ Diploma in Nursing plus Midwifery from a reputable Institution.
Training in HIV Testing and counselling preferably Serial HTC.
Training in Screening and Management of Sexually Transmitted Infections.
Training in ARV Nurses Prescription and Dispensing.
Registration with Botswana Nursing Council
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience in a hospital or clinic working in the field of sexual health, sexuality and reproductive health planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of the key issues relating to HIV prevention and Sexual Reproductive Health (PMTCT, Family planning, sexuality, etc.)
- Experience of HIV/AIDS related counselling and Up-to-date knowledge of the issues surrounding HIV/AIDS in Botswana and internationally.
- Project management, including experience in supervising staff.
Closing date and application instructions
The organization offers a competitive package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you believe you have the required competencies for the job, kindly submit your application,
Comprehensive CV, certified copies of certificates and valid identity card as well as two professional references to the:
Human Resources Coordinator
Tebelopele Voluntary Counselling and Testing Centre
Private Bag 112
Tel: +267 3958015/4 | Fax: 3958022
Or hand deliver to Gaborone International Commerce Park, Plot 39, Unit 4, Gaborone
Or by email to: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 25th June 2019 at 17:00 Hours
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree