Officer in Charge
Reporting to the Regional Manager: North, the Officer In Charge will be responsible for the overall performance and management of branch operations in order to ensure business and revenue generation, Risk Compliance Management, People Management and accountable for the sustainable growth and profitability of the Agency in accordance with the Bank’s policies.
- Sales and Marketing – product sales against targets, local marketing, promotions and in-branch displays
- Credit – asset growth in accordance with credit policy and business risk parameters
- Liabilities – growth of investment and savings portfolio and cost of funding
- Financial Performance - cost management and non-interest income growth
- Compliance – adherence to Central Bank/ Botswana regulatory requirements and Bank policies
- Controls -maintain daily/weekly/monthly /ad hoc control registers and compliance procedures as per ICQ
- Human Resources - people management, performance management, talent management, succession planning, personal development and resource planning
- Capricorn Way – be a connector of positive change by ensuring that our Capricorn values are institutionalised
- Operations – ensure daily effective operations of the branch
- Branch Hygiene – ensure cleanliness, tidiness, health and safety (security).
Key Performance Areas
- Ensures timely, efficient, correct cash control and daily reconciliation and balancing of office accounts (bank cheque and suspense)
- Document control of face value documents (blank forms and certificates) and ensure ATMs are functional and balanced daily
- Daily actioning of branch reports and management of card administration i.e. card distribution, the internal control over cards and card/PIN balancing, in accordance to Banks procedures
- Effective management of chequebook ordering process and responsible for surprise checks (Teller, Cash Assets, and ATM) as well as shortages or surpluses in excess of P50.00 and above.
- Management of data quality, KYC adherence and all prescribed branch registers
- Authorise withdrawal and cashing of funds within mandate
- Monitor revenue and expenditure against budget and target
- Maintain and manage the customer complaints register
- Actioning and enforcing adherence of the Branch Administrator’s Manual
- Effective management and control of tellers and to provide excellent customer service and to ensure that they comply with Bank’s rules and procedures in their daily operation
- To ensure efficient maintenance of assets and updated asset register
- Effective loss control management and incident reporting within prescribed time lines.
- Control of records as per laid down criteria
- KYC administration in line with prescribed standards and regulations
- Ensure that policies and procedures and reporting for Anti Money laundering is adhered to
- Take accountability for the preparation and readiness for internal audits
- Ensure that issue closures are attended to and submitted timeously
- Provides professional customer service
- Determine all product sales targets and contract with staff
- Monitoring of daily sales performance against targets and address deviations
- Achieve monthly branch asset and liability targets against monthly budgets.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and refer such opportunities and leads to the relevant person or department involved
- Develop sales action plans to address previous months shortfalls in sales and income statement.
- Identify community involvement project and ensure active participation by all staff
- Identify major business and credit risks and ensure that the necessary steps are taken to prevent, monitor and control these risks.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Diploma in Business Management or related field
- Certificate in Banking will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years general banking experience of which two (2) years should have been at supervisory / management level
- Must have the adequate knowledge of Branch Business & Administration Procedures
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Sales function within the Bank
- Excellent knowledge of the Bank‘s products and services
- Excellent knowledge of risk management and AML compliance
- Budgeting and planning skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates, who meet the above specifications, should send their applications to the following addresses:
Head: Human Resources
Private Bag 00325
Closing date: 14 June 2019.
The Bank will enter into correspondence with short-listed candidates only. This is a re-advertisement and candidates who had previously applied need not apply.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Business services