Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the development and/or maintenance of new or existing applications. Using programming language and technology, writes code, completes programming and documentation, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in maintain, audit and improve organisational support systems by using existing systems or incorporating new technologies to meet particular needs of the organization.
Key Performance Areas
1. Developing and implementation of web-based java applications per design.
2. Ability to interpret technical design documentation e.g. UML diagrams etc.
3. Profound insights into software development, documentation and unit testing.
4. Understanding of established software development lifecycle and familiarity with at least 1 version control system.
5. Fundamental understanding of web-based system programming and MVC architectural development.
6. Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others. Knowledge of Web Services and integration methodologies.
7. Experienced with SQL Query Development as it relates to databases applications implementation.
8. Customer service. 9. Training of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and recognized industry certification in Java or related is desirable.
- At least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience in programming at Officer level or equivalent, with knowledge of Oracle, Java, SQL, Java Script etc.
- Technical Expertise
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity & Innovation
- Team Leadership
- Planning & Organising
BURS offers a competitive salary and benefits such as Medical Aid, Contributory Pension Fund, Group Life Assurance Cover, 24 hour Group Personal Accident cover, Housing Subsidy and Staff Welfare Schemes (Non-Guaranteed Personal and Residential and Vehicle loans etc).
Closing date and application instructions
Candidates who meet the requirements for the above mentioned positions should apply and attach comprehensive up to date curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, Omang and at least two (2) work related references from current or previous employers, at least one (1) reference should be current.
Applications which do not meet the required provisions will not be considered.
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should ensure that the position applied for is stated in the subject matter of their application email.
- Applicants applying for more than one post should ensure that they send each application separately for ease of processing.
20th October, 2021 at 1630 hours
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree