Project Coordination Officer (PEO Project)
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek assertive; result oriented, strategic thinkers with good interpersonal skills to fill in the above position.
Purpose of the Project
Peo project, is a multidisciplinary multi-institution research and capacity building collaborative funded by the US National Institutes of Health and built around planning for a Southern African Regional Center for Research Excellence on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs).
Roles & responsibilities
- Monitor and ensure smooth execution of project activities
- Maintain regular and bidirectional contact with investigators across partners to track progress and ensure achievement of deliverables and timelines
- Identify delays and provide advise on addressing them, communicating these in a timely and critically thought out manner
- Request submission of, review and compile quarterly progress reports
- Support preparation of program reports for submission to funder
- Coordinate with finance and grants management teams to monitor subcontracts, including reviewing monthly financial reports, following up timely response to invoices, and filing
- Provide administrative, coordination and logistics support for the project
- Plan and coordinate events, meetings and calls
- Draft and archive documents that support meeting deliberations and facilitate communications (e.g. agenda, minutes, event report)
- Maintain Dropbox – based project archiving system
- Maintain inventory list for project and support BHP inventory management
- Arrange logistics for local and international travel of collaborators, as needed
- Support preparation of external reports and PowerPoint slides as requested
- Hold briefing meetings with Project Director on weekly basis, and maintain responsive email communication with Project Director
- Report to the Project Director and BHP Chief Operations Officer on all issues that are important to the progress and success of the project
- Facilitate communication and connectivity among project and other collaborators
- Update Peo website on a regular basis, including with information on upcoming relevant conference deadlines.
- Support engagement and inputs from key stakeholders (including Community advisory board, Ministry of Health and Wellness), through periodic meetings and presentations
Qualifications, Experience & requirements
The incumbent must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years’ experience in a Project Management or related role. The incumbent must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in the use of computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint , Microsoft Word essential, Skype and Dropbox a bonus).
Closing date and application instructions
Qualifying candidates should forward their detailed application to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Closing date: 21st March 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Non profit
- Project Management