Property, Fleet and Logistics Officer
Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Property, Fleet & Logistics Manager and the successful candidate will be managing Orange Botswana Fleet, liaising with building owners, contractors, organising maintenance and developing as well as continually updating maintenance plans for Orange Botswana.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing a pool of vehicles, outsourced taxi and cabs.
- Supervise directly engaged companies for cleaning, waste disposal, drivers and admin assistant and efficient supplies of stores and goods under Property, Fleet and Logistics.
- Ensure the proper utilisation and efficient use of the funds being granted to the Property Fleet and Logistics office.
- Oversees and manage a pool of OBW vehicles.
- Dispatching drivers, monitoring vehicle movements.
- Ensuring timely and proper maintenance and repairs of vehicles.
- Tracking fuel usage and consumption rates.
- Oversee outsourced taxi, cabs and other medium of transport.
- Arranging for rental vehicles as necessary.
- Arranging for air travel as necessary.
- Track vehicle registration and insurance and work with Legal to ensure these are always renewed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics and familiarity with procedures to ensure proper maintenance is being done.
- Coach and advice drivers on the proper driving and maintenance techniques.
- Should be able to drive and act as a backup driver, as needed and also processes data and to produce reports needed.
- Should have a working knowledge of all administrative databases within the department especially the ones that have to do with the management of vehicles.
- Maintain proper inventory of all components of vehicles, making sure they are maintained and checked frequently.
- Ensure the maintenance, oiling and servicing schedule of the vehicles is followed. Track repairs and costs as part of monitoring and overseeing the repair processes.
- Maintain good working relationships with venders of vehicle services and parts and liaise with them regularly on vehicle repairs to ensure repairs are appropriate and done thoroughly. Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Contracts with landlords by negotiating leases.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving maintenance issues.
- Manage the effective provision of services both through Service Level Agreements and through direct engagement with third party suppliers.
- Manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors;
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new offices, or re-organising current layout as required.
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed.
- Supervise directly engaged companies for cleaning, waste disposal, drivers and admin assistant.
- Organise office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to manage transport operations and ability to assess potential mechanical problems and advise on preventive maintenance and repair procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership to drivers.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain transport section reports.
- Must have proven previous experience of managing properties.
- Extremely good understanding of contract deliverables and first-hand knowledge of assessing building work requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Administration/Transport / Logistics Management is a requirement.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of transport and building maintenance operations.
- Class B Drivers Licence of more than two years is a requirement.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 17th January 2020
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Transport / Logistics / Aviation