Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building. Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership invites professional, assertive, hands on, results driven individuals, with good interpersonal skills and keen interest in working with children to join Motheo Study in the above position:
The research study is focused on evaluating growth, behavior and assessing maternal mental health for young children aged 2-5-year-old.
The incumbent will responsible for:
- Recruiting, consenting, and retaining study participants.
- Assessing the developmental and behavioral patterns of children (2-5 year old)
- Conducting interviews on parents regarding their children’s development, maternal mental health, and social attributes.
- Drawing blood from mothers and infants enrolled in the study in accordance with the study’s protocol.
- Completing questionnaires and case report forms in accordance with the study’s protocol and enter data accurately into an electronic database.
- Retaining participant by maintaining constant continuous communication (and rarely home visits).
- Interacting with non-study medical personnel and with the community regarding study activities.
- Participating in continued site training
- Work closely with team members including the study coordinator, study physicians, nurses and Data Management Centre.
- Adhere to medical practicing standard and confidentiality principles
- Assisting team members with translation of study-related documents as needed.
- Responsible for identifying training needs and facilitate training for research protocols.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing with at least 2 years post qualification
- Experience in clinical research conduct will be and added advantage
- Must be knowledgeable on HIV/AIDS prevention and Care
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in working with children.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Excellent time management
- Computer Literate
Closing date and application instructions
email@example.com or alternatively mail to
Human Resources and Operations Manager
Botswana Harvard Aids Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO 320
Closing date: 15 June, 2021
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidate.
Publication end date
- Health / welfare
- Science & research