Revenue Accountant (Temporary Post (1 Year) – Revenue Office
To accurately process, enter and reconcile accounting documents and information and maintain accounts strictly in accordance with laid down accounting procedures, standards, and accounting deadlines to ensure the accurate and timely record of financial transactions to facilitate the timely preparation of financial statements, preparation of management accounts and other revenue reports.
- Responsible for updating and reporting of revenue on a timely basis.
- Responsible for updating Audit tracking sheets for revenue.
- Responsible for checking Bank Balances and company accounts.
- Collect financial records and reports of various departments in relation to revenue.
- Monitor and manage clients’ accounts in OBRS
- Preparing monthly and periodic analysis and reports of revenue against forecasts, establish reason for variance, alert senior staff on significant changes, deviations, and other variances from forecast.
- Resolving internal and external accounting queries in accordance with the level of competence and authority to ensure accuracy of information and minimize internal/external customer and audit queries.
- Processing and resolving unmatched reports and prepare necessary journals entries to balance and reconcile the respective accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and assist I preparation of financial reports and prepares financial information as directed.
- Analysing a range of accounts e.g., debtors to ensure that outstanding or unreconciled transactions are resolved, prepares age analysis of transactions to monitor accounting standards and objective.
- Assisting on preparing of costing fee schedules for Authority services through analysis of financial information and the preparation of spreadsheets
Qualifications, experience, and knowledge required.
- A minimum of a Degree in Accounting, part qualified in ACCA/CIMA, or equivalent.
- 5 years’ experience in a financial management and/or similar accounting environment
- Expert knowledge in all areas of financial accounting, Knowledge of IFRS
- Member of BICA in good standing
- Attention to detail and Accuracy.
- Organizational skills
- Target oriented
- Analytical skills
- Time management
- Demonstrate customer service and teamwork.
Closing date and application instructions
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS THE 14TH OF APRIL 2021
ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE MADE VIA THE STAFFWISE WEBSITE ( www.staffwise.co.bw )
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Professional Qualification