Safety Health & Environment Officer (SHE)
Multotec Botswana is a fully fledged local subsidiary company of Multotec International; a mineral processing equipment manufacturing Group. It offers mineral processing equipment and a range of wear-resistant solutions and services to the mining, chemical and power generation industries. A rapidly expanding customer base resulted in Multotec Botswana offering all of the Multotec Group’s critical services to the local market and establishing light steel fabrication facilities and capabilities. Multotec Botswana seeks to recruit an inspired individual who is looking for a challenging job to join its dynamic team.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to ensure that SHE policies, standards and best SHE management programs/practices are adhered to so as to reduce the risks, and to ensure sustainable use of resources with minimal environmental impacts.
- Facilitates safety risk assessment, analyzing the results thereof, to determine trends and come up with action plans to minimize and mitigate the identified risk.
- Monitor the implementation of emergency procedures to minimize the impact of disaster in area of responsibility (Fire and SHE).
- Facilitate the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of SHE management systems consistent with applicable requirements.
- Implement programs to induce behavior changes with regards to SHE that will prevent injuries and prevent repeat.
- Compile Base line risk assessments for both OHSAS and ISO standards.
- Visit all incident scenes & Carry out investigations for all incidents.
- Prepares for both internal & external audits as scheduled.
- Assist to identify best practices, new legislation and advise management.
- Complies with the company and Debswana safety procedures and policies.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the workplace (5s).
- Generate reports to demonstrate SHE performance and actions required to improve SHE performance.
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Degree qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in a mining industry, SAMTRAC, OSHAS 18001;2008, ISO140001;2015
- Valid Drivers license
- Presentation Skills
- Decision Making
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Technical Skills
- Time management
Closing date and application instructions
The organization offers a competitive package commensurate with experience and qualifications. If you believe you qualify for the position, please submit your application, comprehensive CV, certified copies of certificates and valid identity card as well as two professional references to the:
Human Resources Department, Multotec Botswana, Letlhakane
By hand deliver to: Multotec Botswana, Nkosho Ward, Letlhakane, Botswana
Or by email to: Botswana@multotec.com
CLOSING DATE: December 27, 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO. If you are not contacted by the HR Department within twenty one (21) days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Health / welfare