- Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
- To assist in achieving asset growth targets by providing effective value adding risk management, whilst maintaining \ quality-lending book, through judicious and effective management thereof.
Credit processing and stimulating demand for loans from companies we have pay points with:
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contracts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Ensure drawdown of loans from institutions we have signed paypoints.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationship with assigned portfolios.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services
- Manage loan application through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow ups, and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special
developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
Other duties assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURE
- The quality of loan book.
- Lead generation.
- Number of qualified opportunities created
- Conversion rate
- Booked revenue
- Manager, Operations
- Manager, credit
- Human Resource personnel at assigned institutions
- Abercorn stakeholders
- The ability to listen to the customer and understand that person ‘s needs and wants is a vital core competency.
- Strong ego that is not damaged by sting of rejection and does not develop a fear of future rejection possibilities.
- Organized, methodical approach to the sales process. This translates into good service in establishing a relationship with the customer, good follow through in answering customer questions and in post transaction monitoring of the product delivery and account maintenance
- Methodical approach contributes to the value of salesperson as an information gatherer for the benefit of total company intelligence. The salesperson must be able to convey marketplace altitudes and trends to the marketing department for future use.
- Analyse a deal’s/proposal’s risk and benefit parameters and presents a sound business evaluation for the requested facility.
- Declines non-viable proposals at source.
- Must be able to manage the cross functional conflicts that may arise in the course of working with the credit sales
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to develop and deliver presentations. Ability to create, compose, and edits written material. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of Bachelor ‘s Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- Work requires significant local travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- At least 2 years experience in financial industry either in commercial bank or micro lending
- Credit skills and knowledge will be an added advantage
- Previous experience of exercising a personal lending mandate an added advantage
CORE PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- ADAPTABILITY; Must be able to adapt to and accept change; opposing views; new ideas; be imaginative and creative.
- NUMERACY & ANALYTICAL THINKING: Must have the capacity to work with numbers and figures, as well as to collect, process, analyse and integrate “the pieces of jigsaw” into relevant, factual outcomes or conclusions.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: Must have the ability to convey information by means of written instructions in accurate, clear, concise and understandable manner in order to maximize comprehension of the message.
- CUSTOMER ORIENTATION: Must have the capacity to focus on and achieve standards of service which comply with the highest expectations of clients.JUDGEMENT: Must have the ability to evaluate and judge situations or alternative strategies, actions and outcomes against rational, logical assumptions.
- COACHING: Must have the capacity to develop followers by providing them with simple and clear instructions, demonstrations and by systematically exposing them to planned but increasingly challenging tasks, combined with ongoing feedback, appraisal, counselling and other tangible rewards
- DECISIVENESS: Must show readiness and ability to make decisions, render judgements, take action and apply corrective measures whenever the situation demands.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in finance, sales and marketing or a related field
- Institute of bankers will be an added advantage
- Negotiations skills
- Any sales course
- Credit/Risk related professional qualifications
Closing date and application instructions
Please email CV'S to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 30 APRIL 2019
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree