Senior Core Network Engineer
Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position:
Reporting to the Network Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for piloting all Engineering activities related to Mobile, Technical, and Radio Planning, according to recommendations from Strategic Plan and yearly budget.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- Issue high level solutions for Core Network, Technical Environment and Radio Access Network domains.
- Project management of Projects within the domains listed above.
- Synchronize and coordinate activities of the Core Network, Technical Environment and Radio Access Network engineers.
- Present TCO and financial impacts for recommended solutions, including CAPEX and OPEX to motivate solution validation.
- Assess solutions proposed by Suppliers and ensure they are aligned to Orange Botswana requirements.
- Drive and manage the technical strategy for Core Network, Technical Environment and Radio Access Network.
- Prepare and share technical inputs with Management for the yearly budget.
- Propose competencies development for Engineers under your supervision.
- Excellent understanding of Engineering Principles pertaining to Mobile Network solution design and build.
- Collaboration and teamwork.
- Project Management.
- Excellent coordination and leadership skills.
- Critical and analytical thinking.
- Clients and QoS oriented.
- Resilience and Ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of Cost benefit analysis.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical/Telecommunication/IT.
- 5 years of experience in the field.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 18th October 2021.
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Computer Science