Senior Systems Analyst / Developer
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek assertive; result oriented, strategic thinkers with good interpersonal skills to fill in the above position.
BHP requires a senior systems analyst / developer to serve the ever growing data needs of the organization. BHP makes extensive use of complex critical data systems in its routine laboratory, research laboratory, pharmacy and clinics. The candidate must have a strong programming skills and systems background in a mostly Linux server environment. The candidate will report to and work closely with the Director of Data Operations to:
- Assist in the further development and maintenance of the existing clinical and laboratory data solutions
- Improve integration of local and remote data systems
- Improve integration of laboratory, inventory and accounting information
- Quality assure software systems and participate in site audits
- Participate in the laboratory validation effort
- Proficient in SQL, PYTHON, and in general the LAMP development environment
- Full understanding of the object oriented approach to software development
- Test driven development especially unit testing
- Maintain documentation and strict source code version control
- Monitor, maintain and modify critical data systems to guarantee uptime, accuracy, accountability, security and confidentiality
- Assist in rolling out standard data systems for the research clinics
- Assist research staff with research data needs
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or information systems is required. A minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing and maintaining shared web application and database systems in a similar environment. Good knowledge of Python and the Django Webframe will be added advantage.
Closing date and application instructions
Qualifying candidates should forward their detailed application to:
Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO320
Closing date: 21st March 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Automation / IT / Internet
- Non profit