Service Management Engineer
Service Management Engineer
Reporting to Service Management Lead, the successful candidate will be expected to ensure that all new sites, services and Clients are integrated in the respect of validated procedures
- Involved in the integration of new services, Clients and sites.
- Validate handover from build to run of services, Clients and sites.
- Monitor & analyse the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA and LTE radio network statistics on a daily basis, this include any network layer(s) that can be activated as time goes by.
- Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the threshold KPIs ( Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity).
- Ensure that new sites are tuned and Optimized by MS for both of both 2G, 3G and LTE technologies.
- Ensure periodic drive tests are performed and reports are analysed with issues followed with concerned teams.
- Be involved in the GO/NOGO decision for the integration of new services in the operational environment in conjunction with the Business Owner and all technical entities participating in the service integration.
- Be involved in the BUILD phase and ensure the implementation of the operational requirements for the RUN phase.
- Ensure that all monitoring mechanisms for new services and sites are in place by the acceptance stage and ensure a smooth handover of sites and new services from Technical-Build to Technical Run.
- Generate and implement Quality of Service QoS tool strategy. Recommend necessary tools for the monitoring of the quality of service. Facilitate and manage trials and advise on improvements on the necessary monitoring tools.
- Manage the QoS commitment negotiation with Marketing and Customer Care.
- Be involved in process management for new services and sites.
- Specify all operating documents including instructions and escalation procedures for every new service.
- Pilot the integration of new Clients services.
- Ensure that Clients service delivery milestones are respected.
- Be involved in Clients SLA validation.
- Perform sites audits to improve customer Network satisfaction.
- Analyse field KPIs and make recommendations based on network performance in terms of Quality and good coverage speech.
- Challenge/ follow MSP recommendations and ensure implementation of optimized tilts, azimuth to improve coverage and reduce overshooting cells on existing sites.
- Detect poorly performing sites and delegate to the right department for rectification.
- Participate in the integration of new sites (GSM, 3G and LTE) and any new technologies by validating on Click On Site.
- Coordinate drive tests analysis and take necessary actions to improve coverage performance
- Customer satisfaction oriented.
- Able to manage a complex issue in a transversal mode
- Ability to analyze, synthetize and communicate (oral and in writing).
- Good leadership but also able to work and cooperate within a team.
- Knowledge in the area of services (MKT experience for example).
- Good knowledge of both GSM, WCDMA, IN/VAS and Corporate Customers systems.
- IP networking awareness
- Self –driven.
- Pay particular attention to details.
- Innovative and proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Engineering /Telecommunications / Computer Science/Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a telecommunications environment
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 15th February 2019
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree