MRI Botswana Limited is a 100% citizen owned private company providing a variety of services including emergency medical assistance, emergency medical training, contact centre solutions, integrated primary healthcare services and pharmaceutical services. The company is looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and self-driven professionals for the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the position is responsible for maintaining stock levels and stock control across all Prime Health Pharmacies. The incumbent will also be responsible for the end-to-end supply chain procedures of the company.
Key Performance Areas
- Monitors and evaluates stock activity/movement levels for re-ordering purposes
- Ensures cost control and budget monitoring.
- Ensures that all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within agreed parameters, set standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely placing of orders and that ordered stock is delivered on time.
- Ensures timely delivery of courier medicine to patients.
- Coordinates the stock take process and conducts cyclical stock counts for inventory purposes.
- Monitors expiry dates regularly and ensures timeous return to suppliers and/or writes off stock.
- Eliminates slow moving and redundant stock by means of constant communication with the Pharmacies.
- Observes best practice stock receiving protocols and procedures.
- Observes best practice stock shelving and presentation.
- Ensures proper stock pricing in accordance with the company’s pricing policy.
- Ensures compliance with all Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS).
- Performs any other relevant duties as directed by supervisor from time to time.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to plan, organise resources and execute plans within tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management/Logistics
- Minimum of three (3) years continuous relevant experience in stock control and logistics
- Possession of CIPS will be an added advantage
- Experience with any stock control IT system will be desirable
- Experience in courier medicine
- Computer literacy with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
Closing date and application instructions
If you have the above capabilities, kindly submit your application, your latest CV, ID and certified copies of relevant certificates to:
The Human Resources Department
MRI Botswana Ltd, Private Bag BR 256, Gaborone. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hand delivered at: Plot 60601 Block 7, next to Ba Isago University College.
Closing Date: 25th May 2018
We respond to shortlisted candidates only.
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Transport / Logistics / Aviation
- Supply Chain