Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership is a collaborative research and training initiative between government of Botswana and the Harvard School of Public Health. BHP is dedicated to fight HIV/AIDS and related public health challenges through collaborative research, education and capacity building.
We seek assertive, hands on, results driven individuals, with good interpersonal skills and keen interest in research to join our team in the above position.
The incumbent will support the research clinics and the entire organization in managing research data, writing specifications and continuously improving systems by studying current practices and design modifications. Among other responsibilities the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain clinical and laboratory data solutions using test driven development.
- Programme scalable codes effectively.
- Practice strict source code version control principles.
- Monitor, maintain and modify critical data systems to guarantee uptime, accuracy, accountability, security and confidentiality.
- Assist in rolling out standard data systems for research clinics.
- Ensure all security issues are addressed for all systems deployed and implemented.
- Manage data effectively and accurately for all projects.
- Analyze research data using appropriate statistics software and machine learning.
- Mobile app development.
Qualification and experience
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Substantial knowledge of Python programming.
- Certification in any Object-Oriented technology will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (2) years’ experience in developing and maintaining shared web application and database systems in a similar environment.
- Must have knowledge of MySQL and Unix based systems.
- Team spirit and good problem-solving skills.
Closing date and application instructions
Candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to forward the complete CV’s and relevant certificates to:
email@example.com or alternatively mail to
Human Resources and Operations Manager
Botswana Harvard Aids Institute Partnership
Private Bag BO 320
Closing Date for applications: 9th April 2021
Publication end date
- Bachelors Degree
- Computer Science
- Computer Studies
- Automation / IT / Internet